Patient Visitor Information
We look forward to working with you to meet your physical therapy needs. Here is some information to help you prepare:
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for your 1st visit to complete the new patient intake process.
- Plan to spend about an hour in the clinic for your 1st visit, which is the initial evaluation. Your therapist will tell you how long each follow-up visit will be but generally last 45-60 minutes.
- Please bring the following items to your first visit:
- Health insurance card
- Physician’s prescription, if applicable
- Co-payment, if applicable. This is due at time of service and we accept cash, check and credit cards.
- Your first visit is the initial evaluation one on one with your physical therapist. This is most often performed in an exam room so you can discuss your medical history, current source of pain or problems, goals for therapy, medications or procedures related to your health. The therapist will then complete a series of tests and measures to determine your ability to perform specific functional activities. Following the evaluation, your therapist will review the findings and suggest a treatment plan and therapy goals.
- At your follow-up visits, you can expect to see your physical therapist for the majority of your prescribed treatment (25-30 minutes) in the open, main clinic room. This is followed by supervised exercise and/or modalities with one of our qualified aides. These appointments generally last 45-60 minutes.